1. Business
  2. Economics
  3. suppose there are only two firms in an economy cowhide...

Question: suppose there are only two firms in an economy cowhide...

Question details

Suppose there are only two firms in an economy: Cowhide, Inc. produces leather and sells it to Couches, Inc which produces and sells leather furniture. With each $1,000 of leather that it buys from Cowhide, Inc, Couches, Inc. produces a couch and sells it for $3,000. Neither firm had any inventory at the beginning of 2009, During that year, Cowhide produced enough leather for 20 couches. Couches, Inc. bought 80% of that leather for $16,000 and promised to buy the remaining 20% for $4,000 in 2010, Couches, Inc. produced 16 couches during 2009 and sold each one during that year for $3,000. What was the economys GDP for 2009? a. $52,000 b. $68,000 c. $64,000 d. $48,000
Solution by an expert tutor
Blurred Solution
This question has been solved
Subscribe to see this solution