Question: suppose your bathroom sink is clogged and you have decided...
Suppose your bathroom sink is clogged and you have decided to try and unclog it by pushing a wire into the drain. You have several types of wire available around the house, some insulated and some not. Which of the following wire characteristics would you need to consider in selecting a wire for the job? Explain your answers. (Against each characteristic say whether you would consider like a Yes/No and the reason for your answer in one or two sentences).
The wire characteristics are listed as follows:
- Immunity to electrical noise
- Color of the insulation
- Resistance of the insulation to salt water
- Resistance of the insulation to fire
- Ease of stripping the insulation -
- Weight i.
- Resistance to high temperatures
- Resistance to stretching