Question: swin an international it solutions company is launching 11 new...
sWin an international IT solutions company, is launching 11 new branches in a new country where they currently have no existing branches. The sWin CIO has asked that each subnet should host at least 2000 devices.
sWin has obtained a network address of 10.11.0.0/17.
This address needs to be subnetted further and the CIO has decided that the internal subnet mask will be /21
The company’s subnet plan allows for:
- Router Pool: 2 router interfaces for each subnet – the last 2 IP addresses from each subnet.
- Managed Network Device Pool: The first 64 IP addresses are reserved for switches and other network devices
- Server Pool: The first 64 IP addresses following the Managed Network Device Pool are reserved for servers.
- Workstation Static Pool: The first 16 IP addresses following the Server Pool are reserved for Workstations that require static IP addresses.
- Workstation DHCP Pool: The remaining IP addresses are reserved for automatic IP configuration.
You have been asked to use subnet 10 for your device addressing.
Allocate the first IP address from the Server Pool to the Domain Controller.
Allocate the first IP address from the Workstation Static Pool to Client PC.
Allocate the first IP address from the Router Pool to be the default gateway.
Enter your calculations, justifications and solution.