Question: task 2 andndash 30 markslegislation activism and reformfor multiplechoice questions...
Task 2 – 30 marks
Legislation, activism and reform
For multiple-choice questions, fill in the response oval next to the alternative that best answers the question.
- Which of the following is a fundamental right according to the 2007 United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples? 2
ᴑ (A) access to private health care
ᴑ (B) autonomy in managing community affairs
ᴑ (C) immunity from criminal prosecution
ᴑ (D) scholarships for tertiary education
- The Freedom Ride (1965) was a bus tour through northern NSW led by
Charles Perkins and a group of student activists from Sydney University.
The protesters aimed to 2
ᴑ (A) confront racism in country towns and raise public awareness.
ᴑ (B) establish a political party and gain voter support.
ᴑ (C) occupy farming leaseholds and reclaim traditional lands.
ᴑ (D) visit mission schools and implement educational reforms.
- Sovereignty refers to the right to 2
ᴑ (A) freedom of expression.
ᴑ (B) public assembly.
ᴑ (C) self-government.
ᴑ (D) vote.
- The Woodward Royal Commission (1973-74) is an example of a government 2
ᴑ (A) act.
ᴑ (B) intervention.
ᴑ (C) policy.
ᴑ (D) report.
Refer to Source A on the following page and your own knowledge to answer Questions 5 and 6.
- According to the graph (Source A), which country has the largest gap in life expectancy between Indigenous and non-Indigenous populations? 2
ᴑ (A) Australia
ᴑ (B) Canada
ᴑ (C) Mexico
ᴑ (D) Nepal
- Describe how ONE socioeconomic indicator affects the life expectancy of Australian Aboriginal peoples.
Write approximately 50-100 words. 5