Question: the county collector of suncoast county is responsible for collecting...
The county collector of Suncoast County is responsible for
collecting all property taxes levied by funds and governments
within the boundaries of the county. To reimburse the county for
estimated administrative expenses of operating the tax custodial
fund, the custodial fund deducts 1.5 percent from the collections
for the town, the school district, and the other towns. The total
amount deducted is added to the collections for the county and
remitted to the Suncoast County General Fund.
The following events occurred during the year:
- Current-year tax levies to be collected by the custodial fund were
|County General Fund||$||10,333,000|
|Town of Bayshore General Fund||4,840,000|
|Suncoast County Consolidated School District||6,550,000|
- $13,700,000 of current taxes was collected during the first half of the year.
- Liabilities to all funds and governments as a result of the first half-year collections were recorded. (A schedule of amounts collected for each participant, showing the amount withheld for the county General Fund and net amounts due the participants, is recommended for determining amounts to be recorded for this transaction.)
- All cash in the tax custodial fund was distributed.
- All additions and deductions were recorded by the custodial fund. Additions and deductions are aggregated because resources are held less than three months.
- Prepare journal entries for each of the foregoing transactions that affected the tax custodial fund. (If no entry is required for a transaction/event, select "No Journal Entry Required" in the first account field. Do not round intermediate calculations. Round your answers to the nearest whole dollar amount.)
I need help figuring out what Transaction 5 is. I do not know how to go about the calculations for this journal entry.