Question: the nursing instructor is discussing asthma and its various treatments...
The nursing instructor is discussing asthma and its various treatments with the students. The instructor tasks the students with preparing a patient teaching brochure about the use of the leukotriene receptor antagonists (LTRA) montelukast (Singulair®) in the treatment of asthma.
1. What information will the students include in the brochure regarding the adverse effects of montelukast?
2. What information will the students include in the brochure regarding drug interactions that can occur with montelukast?
3. What are three other patient teaching points that the students should include in the brochure regarding this medication?
4. The physician ordered 1g of Cefuroxime IV. You have on hand 125mg/5ml vial of Cefuroxime. How many mls of Cefuroxime will you administer?
5. Physician order reads: administer Cefuroxime IV over one hour in a 100 ml bag. The drop factor of tubing is 60 gtts/ml. What is the drip rate?