1. Math
  2. Statistics And Probability
  3. there are two machines at a factory that are used...

Question: there are two machines at a factory that are used...

Question details

There are two machines at a factory that are used for printing high quality posters of the periodic table. Machine 1 prints 70% of the posters produced by the factory and machine 2 the remaining 30%. On occasion, each machine omits the last column of elements; the probability of this happening is 0.06 for machine 1 and 0.13 for machine 2.

i. What is the probability that a poster printed at the factory will have the last column of elements omitted?

ii. Given that a poster printed at the factory has the last column of elements omitted, what is the probability that is was printed by machine 1?

Solution by an expert tutor
Blurred Solution
This question has been solved
Subscribe to see this solution