Question: these questions are based on palladiumcatalyzed suzuki crosscoupling reaction 1...
These questions are based on Palladium-catalyzed Suzuki Cross-Coupling Reaction.
1) What will happen if the temperature of the reaction was exceeded beyond 120°C?
2) At what stage did you get rid of TBAB?
3) What was the purpose of suspending the crude solid in warm hexanes and performing gravity filtration? Be specific.
4) What features in the 1H NMR spectrum can be used to differentiate between the starting material and the product?
5) Describe how you could use IR spectroscopy to differentiate between the impurity and the product.
6) Three signals are present at around 77 ppm in the 13C NMR spectrum. Do these carbons belong to the product? If yes, which carbons? If no, to what do they belong?