Question: this assignment will explore the idea of an ethical dilemma...
This assignment will explore the idea of an ethical dilemma. An ethical dilemma has three conditions: (1) “an individual…must make a decision about which course of action is best, (2) there must be different courses of action to choose from, and (3) no matter what course of action is taken, some ethical principle is compromised…there is no perfect solution,” (Allen, 2012). So what are ethics? “Ethics are prepositional statements (standards) that are used by members of a profession or group to determine what the right course of action in a situation is,” (Allen, 2012).
With this in mind, post an answer on the discussion board by 11:59 PM on the due date that addresses each of the following:
(1) Identify a current example of a public service dilemma. “Current” means within the last five years.
(2) Describe the background of your example and how this is an ethical dilemma based upon the above definition. You must explain both sides of the dilemma.
(3) How could the dilemma be avoided?
(4) What should be done to rectify the dilemma?
(5) What effect do ethical dilemmas have upon public administration, the government, and/or its regulations, laws, etc.? See Chapter 3
(6) Cite your source using APA format.
(7) Post should be at least 250 words.
(8) Students should reply to at least one other student (150 words minimum per post).
(9) Answers should be in paragraph format. This means there should be more than one paragraph.