Question: tirmaz ltd rents out a fleet of transport vehicles for...
A local food factory wishes to transport 7500m3 of cargo that can be transported under normal storage temperature, and 5500m3 of cargo that requires to be preserved at -5 0C. Tirmaz Ltd. operates only two types of vehicles that can serve the purpose for this customer – type A and type B.
Type A has cooling capacity of 35 m³ and non-cooling capacity of 75 m³, while type B has cooling capacity of 50 m³ and a non-cooling capacity of 60 m³. The rental price to use a vehicle of type A for transportation is $55, and the rental price to use a vehicle of type B for transportation is $70. The customer wishes to rent vehicles so that to minimize its costs.
1. Define the decision variables in the problem.
2. Construct the objective function of the task of the food factory owner.
3. State and explain the constraints of the problem.
4. Find how many vehicles of each type to rent to minimize costs.
5. Discuss the findings in your solution from step 4.
Can you please show the detail of the steps of calculations, along with a graphical interpretation of the problem and its solution.