1. Business
  2. Economics
  3. today four us airlines operate about 80 of the total...

Question: today four us airlines operate about 80 of the total...

Question details

Today, four US airlines operate about 80% of the total seats offered for sale (American, United, Delta, and Southwest). Explain the economic benefits and costs to this consolidation. Also, state whether you believe that the other 20% is sufficient to maintain effective price competition and avoid oligopolistic pricing

Solution by an expert tutor
Blurred Solution
This question has been solved
Subscribe to see this solution