Question: typed answers please 1 write a paragraph explaining why seasons...
[Typed answers please]
1. Write a paragraph explaining why Seasons occur on the Earth.
2. In a short paragraph, explain how Newton’s Law of Gravity depends on mass and distance. Don’t just write the equation; explain what the equation means and give some simple numerical examples. 3. What is mass, and how does it differ from weight? Write a paragraph.
4. List Kepler's Laws of Planetary Motion and briefly explain what each means.
5. In a paragraph, describe at least two of the telescopic observations made by Galileo which supported the Sun-centric Copernican model of the Solar System.
6. What is retrograde motion of planets and how does the Copernican model of the solar system explain this apparent motion? Write a paragraph.
7. What is parallax, and why did the apparent absence of stellar parallax lead the Greeks to believe that the Earth must be stationary? Write a parargraph.
8. Write a paragraph describing the two ‘main powers’ of telescopes. Explain why it is useful for astronomers to build bigger and bigger telescopes.
9. What are emission and absorption line spectra? Write a paragraph explaining what they are and why they are important to astronomy.
10. Write a paragraph explaining why astronomers sometimes need to put telescopes in space in order to do their science.