Question: use the web and other sources to obtain data on...
Use the Web and other sources to obtain data on the US Export-Import Bank Legislation Re-authorization.
Review the following resources about impacts to the international aviation industry caused by the US Congress to allow the Export-Import Bank of the United States authority to authorize new transactions.
- Basic Guide to Exporting: The Official US Government Resource for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses (pdf)
- CEO Letter to McConnell, Boehner, Reid, and Pelosi (pdf)
- Support Letter to McConnell, Boehner, Reid, and Pelosi (pdf)
- Fact Sheet: The Export-Import Bank: Supporting American Exports and American Workers in Every State Across the Country (pdf)
- A Universal Liability Regime for International Carriage by Air - Montreal Convention 1999 (pdf)
- A Universal Liability Regime for International Carriage by Air - Montreal Convention 1999 Addendum (pdf)
- Joint Position on the Need to Ratify the Montreal Conventional 1999 to Promote Trade Facilitation (pdf)
- Export-Import Bank Reauthorization Act of 2012 pdf)
Be prepared to use relevant terminology (International Monetary Fund, Export Credit Agency, credits, credit insurance, guarantees, direct lending, financial intermediary loans, interest rate equalization) to explain how you think Congress' decision may affect international aviation business transactions. Elaborate on the following prompt:
Imagine you are a financial manager for an international aviation business and present a few strategies you might implement to either counter the negative impacts or take advantage of possible opportunities of Congresses failure to reauthorize.
200 words max