Question: what is the failure rate of a system with the...
- What is the failure rate of a system with the following components and MTTF ratings, assuming that failure rates are independent:
- 20 disks, each with a 1,250,000 MTTF
- 1 ATA (Advanced Technology Attachment) controller with an MTTF of 600,000 hours
- 1 power supply with a rating of a 150,000-hour MTTF
- 1 cooling device (e.g., a fan) with an MTTF rating of 250,000 hours
- 1 ATA cable with a 1,000,000-hour MTTF
- Choose a synthetic benchmark, other than SPEC, and give a brief (2-3 paragraph) description of the factors it evaluates (integer performance, floating-point operations, etc.), and the basic testing procedure.