Question: what is the weilfelix reaction 35 discuss the principle of...
What is the Weil-Felix reaction?
35. Discuss the principle of the antistreptolysin O test (ASO).
36. What should be suspected if no hemolysis is seen in any ASO tube, including the streptolysin control tube?
37. In an ASO titer, what does hemolysis in the RBC control tube (RBCs + buffer) indicate?
38. What are heterophile antibodies?
39. What is serum sickness?
40. What should be suspected if hemolysis is observed in all of the tubes of a heterophile titer?
41. In the differential absorption test for infectious mononucleosis (IM), which antibody(s) is/are absorbed by guinea pig kidney cells?
42. In the differential absorption test for infectious mononucleosis (IM), which antibody(s) is/are absorbed by beef erythrocytes?
43. In the differential absorption heterophile test, what findings are diagnostic of infectious mononucleosis?
44. A rapid spot test for infectious mononucleosis shows stronger agglutination when the blood is mixed with kidney extract than with beef erythrocytes. Interpret these results.
45. Which tests are most specific for the diagnosis of infectious mononucleosis?
46. What are the EBV-specific antibodies and when do they occur during the course of infectious mononucleosis?
47. What methods are used to detect EBV-specific antibodies?
48. What is the earliest serologic marker of infectious mononucleosis?