Question: you need to buy some chicken for dinner tonight you...
You need to buy some chicken for dinner tonight. You found an ad
showing that the store across town has it on sale for $2.79 a
pound, which is cheaper than your usual neighborhood store, which
sells it for $2.99 a pound. Is it worth the extra drive?
First, determine what information you need to answer this question, then click here to display that info (along with other info).
- How much chicken will you be buying? 6 pounds
- How much far are the two stores? My neighborhood store is 2.1 miles away, and takes about 7 minutes. The store across town is 8.2 miles away, and takes about 21 minutes.
- How kind of mileage does your car get? It averages about 23 miles per gallon in the city.
- How many gallons does your car hold? About 14 gallons
- How much is gas? About $3.78/gallon right now.
- Going to the further store is cheaper
- Going to the close store is cheaper